Project SYNCERE’s E-CADEMY is an out-of-school time engineering program that is designed to prepare students in grades 6-8 and 9-11 for enrollment in post-secondary STEM programs.
The program utilizes the nationally recognized Project Lead The Way curriculum, to teach students how to apply engineering skills to identify problems, create unique solutions and lead their own learning experience. Over the course of 32-weeks during the school year, students work both in teams and individually to develop the skills and knowledge required for success at the post-secondary level. Our goal is to provide a pathway of opportunities that brings like-minded students together, to motivate and prepare them to successfully pursue careers in engineering. Through their early involvement in the program, we believe that we can be the catalyst for increasing the number of students who successfully matriculate through college and pursue careers in the STEM fields.
- Learn to use industry leading software to solve engineering problems
- Create solutions to engineering design challenges
- Build a portfolio of work for continued education opportunities
- Gain skills in communication, critical thinking and collaboration
- Entrance into a post-secondary institution to pursue a STEM degree
- Field trips to engineering sites and corporate offices
- Personal development seminars
- Professional engineering mentors
- College credit and scholarship opportunities
They have 2 programs, one for middle school students and the other for high school students (including incoming freshman):